Sunday, March 25, 2007

Module 2 Summary

I found Module 2 to be an interesting journey into the world of online communication. While researching resources for my Resource Project, I found myself often becoming engrossed in the behavioural aspects of why people behave the way they do on the internet and how it influences the way we communicate, depending on what form of communication we are using. For eample, one might behave differently when using email opposed to using a chat program like MSN messenger. I suppose some of these allow us more freedom of expression than others. Yet if we know how to use these communication tools properly we can maximise their potential for our benefit and be able to recognise and interpret/decipher the information in data that previously may have seemed extraneous.

I achieved most of my goals this week, having completed two more annotations for my Resource Project and having explored the various concepts more in depth. I decided to make my two annotations revolve around the topic of Online Communication and Behaviour, as I felt that there were some very good resources that encompassed many of the sub-topics within the module but this looked at them as a whole, including both the behavioural and technological aspects of communication in cyberspace.

No comments: