Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Module 3 HTML Task

Managed to get my site uploaded to the NET11 Student Presentations area. I am also doing NED11 Internet Design so had some knowledge on how to build a basic site. Initially I had a problem with the upload as I created a folder holding all my files within the group folder. Thanks to a suggestion from another student, realised that the main files needed to be directly within the group file, hence a successful upload. Took me a while to format the site using css and still needs some work with regards to how it functions. I have posted a screen shot of my uploaded web site here:



I can see why many websites incorporate external links to outside blogs. Maintaining a website is certainly more time intensive in contrast to sites like Blogspot where you can just post contents to your blog with ease. Obviously, for frequent additions of content, a blog is much more efficient whereas a website is better for information that is more permanent in nature.

No comments: